In bizarre medical news, 18 year-old Malachi Love-Robinson, self-proclaimed Dr. Love, was arrested for ‘accusations’ of pretending to be a doctor. He faces charges of practicing medicine without a license after he performed an exam on an undercover agent at his clinic “The New Birth New Life Medical Center.”
The speculation arose when a patient of Dr. Love’s filed a complaint with police. In the complaint the 86-year-old patient revealed Dr. Love came to her home five times in December, after she contacted him to treat her for stomach pains. He diagnosed her with arthritis and sold her vitamins, billing her $3,494. During one of those visits, the patient became ill and Dr. Love called for an ambulance. He suggested that the patient leaves her purse with him, so he can lock it up. However, Love forged three checks from her account totaling to $2,794 and when the patient was released from the hospital her bank account was emptied. Love is also facing lawsuits from two car dealerships, where they say he tried to purchase cars with bounced checks.
7 Bizarre Findings:
- On Love’s medical website, he lists that he is 25 years old and is fluent in French
- The website states that he specializes in naturopathy, phototherapy, food, and air therapy.
- At age 17, He was stopped last year at a hospital wandering the halls sporting a lab coat and stethoscope. He was arrested after he peeped in on a gynecological exam.
- On a separate religious-based website, Love claims he is an ordained minister with the Internet based church The Universal Life Church. The cyber church will ordain anyone 13 and older that fills out a short form.
- Love claims to have done a doctoral thesis at the internet based church and that’s the reason he believes he’s a doctor.
- The first clinic he attempted to open was closed because he didn’t have a medical license.
- His mother went to the media stating her son has an undisclosed illness but he refuses to take treatment.
In interviews Malachi Love-Robinson asks for privacy, respect and prayers.
Check out this exclusive ABC News Interview.
Love has been released on a $21,000 bail. Love’s grandfather confirms the teen has gone into hiding.